Office Services

Application for Justice of the Peace and Commissioner for Declarations

Applications for admission as a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Declarations require nomination by myself as your State Member of Parliament. Forms are available either online or as hard copies from my office. Once completed your application will be forwarded to the Attorney-General’s Office and processing usually takes 4-6 weeks. For further information follow the link here.

Letters and Certificates of Congratulations

If you or someone you know is celebrating a birthday or wedding anniversary, my office can assist you with a letter or certificate of congratulations. We can arrange a letter from Ray, the Premier, the Prime Minister or the Queen to recognise this milestone with you or someone you care for. A Letter of Congratulations Request form, including eligibility criteria, can be downloaded from our site and should be returned to our office by email, fax or regular post. Remember to allow enough notice time (generally 4-6 weeks).

Congratulatory Letter Application.
Congratulatory Letter Information

Letters of Support

We are happy to provide letters of support to not-for-profit organisations who are applying for government funding. Information we require includes:

  • Purpose of the Grant
  • Organisational Particulars
  • Benefits which the organisation and wider community will gain from the funding.

Letters of Support take approximately 1-2 weeks to process.

Seniors Card

If you are  60 years or older, you may be eligible for a Seniors Card, Seniors Card+go or Seniors Business Discount Card. These cards provide access to government concessions and business discounts. Application forms are available electronically here, in hard copy from the Mermaid Beach Electorate Office or by downloading the form below. For further information please click here.

Seniors Card Application Form.

Companion Cards

The Queensland Companion Card program has been introduced for people with a disability with a lifelong need for attendant care support in order to enable them to participate in community life. The program promotes fair ticketing for people who need this kind of support and removes one of the barriers to their participation in activities and events – the expense of purchasing an additional ticket for their companion.

Call within Australia: 13 QGOV (13 74 68) or visit the companion card website for further information.

 Queensland Flag

The State Government provides complimentary Queensland flags to schools and non-profit organisations. Contact our office on (07) 5600 0100 or email us for more information (

School Tours of Parliament

Ray is able to host tours of Parliament House (when in session) with school groups and these can be arranged through his office. The office can ensure that Ray is aware of your visit and that your group is acknowledged in the Chamber by the Speaker during Question Time. Depending on Ray’s Parliamentary schedule he is happy to come and have a chat with school groups and organise a photo opportunity with students.

For information on School Tours, click here 

To organise a tour please contact our office on (07) 5600 0100.

Electoral Enrolment

If you are 17 or have recently turned 18, moved house or changed your name, you will need to complete a new electoral enrolment form. Information concerning changes to enrolment deadlines are available from the Australian Electorate Commission website. To enrol or to check your current enrolment details, visit the Queensland Electoral Commission by clicking on the link below.

Visit the QLD Electoral Commission
Visit the Australian Electoral Commission